Updating R1T1/R2T1/R4T1 Firmware
In the event that your R1T1/R2T1/R4T1 firmware is out of date and causing issues, it may be required that you update it. An error saying ' <36 you need to upgrade your hardware ' will be generated if you do not have the latest firmware. The following are instructions on how to update the firmware.
It is required that Asterisk is stopped before upgrading firmware, or it won't work, and your system may become irreparably damaged.
In order to upgrade the firmware on an r1t1, r2t1, or r4t1, first stop asterisk.
You have now upgraded the firmware on your R1T1/R2T1/R4T1.
- Download the latest firmware from http://downloads.rhinoequipment.com/Support/
- The latest version for the R1T1 is r1t1_to_41
- The latest version for the R2T1 is r2t1_to_40_c
- The latest version for the R4T1 is r4t1_to_40
- The file is gzip-encoded. To decompress it, simply run "gunzip FILENAME" where FILENAME is the name of the file you downloaded, example: "gunzip r1t1_to_41.gz".
- Ensure the file has the execute-bit set by running "chmod +x FILENAME" where FILENAME is the name of the file extracted in step #2, example: "chmod +x r1t1_to_41".
- MAKE SURE ASTERISK IS STOPPED AND THE r1t1/rxt1 MODULE HAS BEEN REMOVED
- Run the firmware updater for your card. For example, "./r1t1_to_41"
- Wait for the update to finish
- Completely shut down the system.
- Switch off the power, and wait 30 seconds.
- Boot the system
KEYWORDS:firmware, upgrade, r1t1, r2t1, r4t1, rxt1